CILIP members from all sectors can nominate up to two titles for one or both of the medals.
CILIP's mission for the Awards is: to inspire and empower the next generation to create a better world through books and reading.
We will do this by:
- Celebrating outstanding writing and illustration for children and young people.
- Recognising a broad range of perspectives, experiences and voices.
- Championing the power of librarians to connect children and young people with outstanding books that represent their identities and help them shape a better world.
- Encouraging authors, illustrators and publishers to create more books for children and young people that reflect all identities and promote diversity.
- Promoting a readership and market that values diversity, representation and inclusion in books for books for children and young people.
- Challenging children and young people with a diversity of ideas and perspectives to promote empathy, tolerance and understanding.
We welcome nominations in the spirit of this mission that meet our Awards criteria.
Please complete this form and click the SUBMIT button at the bottom of the page.