Workshop Guidelines and Requirements
Thank you for your interest in presenting an hour and 15 minute workshop at the CABE 2020 Conference. This document will outline the submission process. Please review this material carefully before beginning the submission process. NOTE: Deadline for submission is July 28, 2021.
July 28 Deadline to Submit Call for Presentation
October 22 Speakers notified of acceptance/decline
November 19 Deadline to pay Presenter Registration Fee
December 17 Scheduling Information to Presenters
January 7 Deadline to Confirm Schedule and/or Edit Proposal
March 30-April 2 47th Annual CABE Conference, San Francisco, California
Submission of Proposal:
- This form is for an hour and 15 minute workshop presentations only. Do not use this form for institutes or commercial presentations.
- The commercial call for proposals can be found in the Exhibit/Career Fair materials.
- No more than two proposals may be submitted under the same individual name, either as the primary or secondary presenter.
- No more than three proposals with the same affiliation will be accepted.
- Selling of products and/or services is prohibited during workshop presentations.
- Presenters are expected to use material and language that do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, physical ability, or sexual orientation.
- Upon acceptance of proposal, all primary presenters must register for CABE 2022 at the special discounted rate of $165 for CABE members and $299 for non-members. CABE membership must be current throughout the selection process and through the dates of the conference.
- All secondary presenters must register for the conference and pay the appropriate fees using the regular registration form available at www.gocabe.org.
- Only the primary (first) presenter listed on the proposal will receive correspondence related to the proposal. It is the responsibility of the primary presenter to notify and relay the appropriate information to any co-presenters.
- All presenters are responsible for their own expenses related to presenting at CABE 2022 including, but not limited to: conference registration, travel, hotel, meals, etc.
- Presenters are responsible for making their own hotel and travel arrangements.
Preparing Your Workshop Proposal:
- Proposals are limited to one primary presenter and up to three (3) co-presenters. CABE correspondence will only be sent to the primary presenter.
- The title of your workshop is limited to 10 words. The title should give a clear description of the workshop.
- Limit the description of your workshop to 75 words.
- Do not type any part of your proposal in all capital letters.
- Avoid using abbreviations and acronyms that do not clearly explain the session content.
- Use active verbs to describe exactly what will occur in the session. Examples include words such as: describe, discuss, role-play, present, etc.
- Include presentation techniques that will be used in the session such as lecture, interactive, multi-media, etc.
- Describe what you will actual do in the session and what participants will receive/take from the session.
- Avoid citations of research and direct quotes in the description.
- Write in complete sentences. Do not use phrases.
- If you will present your workshop in a language other than English, provide the title and description in that language.
- Take time to proof read your proposal. Grammar, spelling and content will be taken into consideration in the selection process.
- CABE reserves the right to edit session titles and descriptions.
- It is the responsibility of the presenter(s) to provide copies of handouts for the workshop.
- Scheduling information will include room capacity and handouts should reflect the capacity of the room.
- CABE is not responsible for making additional handouts for presenters.
Workshop Proposal Notification:
- Primary presenters will be notified of initial acceptance/decline in October 2021, via email. Note: If you have not heard from CABE regarding your proposal by November 19, 2021, please email us at the contact info below.
- Scheduling information including Date, Time and Location will be sent via email in December 2021.
Workshop Title, Description and/or Presenter Name Changes:
- All changes/edits to the proposal must be sent in writing via email or fax to CABE.
- All changes/edits must be sent by January 7, 2022.
- Each presentation room will be equipped with an LCD projector and Screen.
- Any additional AV equipment needed such as computers, speakers, microphones, internet connection, extension cords, etc. are the responsibility of the presenter. AV rental information will be sent upon request.
Deadline for Submission:
- Workshop proposals for CABE 2022 must be submitted by Wednesday, July 28, 2021.
- Late submissions will be considered on a space-available basis.
- By submitting a workshop proposal you are indicating that you have read the terms and conditions of presenting at the CABE 2022 Annual Conference.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your submission. If you do not receive an email confirmation, please contact CABE.
California Association for Bilingual Education
Attn: Conference Specialist