1.Consent to Evaluate/Treat:
I voluntarily consent that my child will participate in a mental health (e.g. psychological or psychiatric) evaluation and/or treatment by staff from Brighter Pathways, LLC I understand that following the evaluation and/or treatment, complete and accurate information will be provided concerning each of the following areas:
- The benefits of the proposed treatment
- Alternative treatment modes and services
- The manner in which treatment will be administered
- Expected side effects from the treatment and/or the risks of side effects from medications (when applicable).
- Probable consequences of not receiving treatment
The evaluation or treatment will be conducted by a Licensed Professional Counselor , Licensed Professional Counselor- Supervisor, Licensed Clinical Socialworker, or an individual supervised by any of the professionals listed. Treatment will be conducted within the boundaries of South Carolina Law for Social Work, Professional Counseling, or Marriage and Family Counseling.
2. Benefits to Evaluation/Treatment: Evaluation and treatment may be administered with psychological interviews, psychological assessment or testing, psychotherapy, medication management, as well as expectations regarding the length and frequency of treatment. It may be beneficial to my child, as well as the referring professional, to understand the nature and cause of any difficulties affecting my child’s daily functioning, so that appropriate recommendations and treatments may be offered. Uses of this evaluation include diagnosis, evaluation of recovery or treatment, estimating prognosis, and education and rehabilitation planning. Possible benefits to treatment include improved cognitive or academic performance, health status, quality of life, and awareness of strengths and limitations.