How can we stop the spread of COVID-19?
Handwashing is the most important thing you can do to protect yourself and others from COVID-19. Regularly washing with soap and water or rubbing your hands with sanitiser kills viruses that may be on your hands.
Handwashing demonstration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PmVJQUCm4E
Hand rubbing demonstration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnSjFr6J9HI
Avoid touching your face. Most of us touch our face many times a day. If you have virus droplets on your hands they can be transferred into your body through your eyes, mouth and nose.
Social distancing is one way to stop or slow the spread of COVID-19. Social distancing also called physical distancing is to have more space than usual between you and others, so it is harder for the virus to spread. Public health measures such as social distancing practices will likely be required until a vaccine for COVID-19 is readily available. Depending on state and local government policy, restaurants, cafés and hotels may need to follow specific regulations for public health.
Social and Physical distancing at an MHP workplace.
- Contractors are required to wear a mask/face covering unless an exception applies.
- Contractors must have a minimum of 1.5m of space from each other, where practicable.
- Stop shaking hands to greet each other
- Use Plexiglass barriers if appropriate
- Use the alcohol-based hand rub supplied by MHP or bring own
- Regularly clean and disinfect surfaces that are touched
- Contractors should not enter the workplace if you are unwell