These are the possible session topics we are exploring with the IRE.
Fact-checking for profiles, reviews and other non-investigative pieces
· Digging into private companies, from mom-and-pop restaurants to grocery chains
· Local agriculture: What kind of records are available to reporters, and how can they best use them?
· Understanding Dept. of Labor investigations and turning them into stories
· Dealing with PR professionals during crises, and getting past the company line
· Determining who’s a public figure in the dining sphere
· Interpreting the science behind nutritional claims
· Covering mental health, drug abuse and suicide in restaurant kitchens