Parade Rules and Other Information
PARADE APPLICATIONS, PROOF OF INSURANCE AND DISCLAIMERS ARE DUE FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 22, 2019 by 5 p.m.
There will be no assigned spots for entries; first come, first served.
Commercial entry fee is per unit. Businesses can have one truck, car, boat, motor home, etc. Truck with a trailer is considered one unit. More than two units per entry will be an additional $20 per unit.
REGISTRATION AT NO CHARGE ONLY APPLIES TO: Police, sheriff, fire, government officials currently in office, military, school bands/drill teams and current year pageant winners (proof of current title must be provided).
Crystal River Parade Check-in & Route Information
Check-in Location: tbd
Route: The parade will leave from the intersection of Citrus Ave and Hwy 19. It will follow the southbound lane of Hwy 19 until it reaches Paradise Point Road, next to the SunTrust Bank. The parade will funnel into that empty lot, and floats will exit by either bypassing the empty lot and continuing down Paradise Point Road or they may enter Hwy 19 from Fort Island Trail. Viewer visibility will be mostly limited to the passenger side of the float.
Inverness Check-In & Route Information
Check-in: Check-in for the Inverness Parade will be at the back entrance to Citrus High School, from West Highland Boulevard, nearest the stadium.
Route: The parade will begin at the County bus garage entrance and proceed south along Main Street to West Highland Boulevard. Sheriff’s units will assist in guiding entrants off the parade route. Entrants are not to stop on Highland Boulevard but may pull off any side street or return back to the high school to break down unit and have participants picked up. Viewer visibility will be on both sides of the float, but the judges will be located on the passenger side of the float.
Please make sure everyone from your parade entry knows what name the organization was registered under. We have had units register under one name, but the participants showed up asking for their float location using a different name. This has caused confusion and delays in the past.
We have had past issues with children becoming lost and attempting to wander into dangerous situations while trying to locate their group.
The floats line up in the same order they check-in to the parade, so it is suggested that there is open communication at all times between the group leaders and participants about float location. Vehicles will not be able to travel up or down the streets once they are full of floats, so please be prepared. This is all about the safety of you and/or your child.
A meeting place, time, lead contact along with a cell phone number of the contact should be set up in advance of the parade and the information supplied to all participants, along with a copy of the parade route, rules and guidelines.
Judging and Guidelines
The parade lineup is first come, first served (except for City and County officials and Grand Marshalls). Those that wish to be near the front of the parade are encouraged to show up early. We will begin checking in floats at 2:00 p.m. in Crystal River and 8:00 a.m. in Inverness. PLEASE DO NOT ARRIVE AT THE PARADE STAGING AREA AND PARK WITHOUT CHECKING IN. If you do so, you will be asked to move to a different location. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Judges will be along the parade route (on your right-hand side!), exact location tbd, in Crystal River and the corner of Main Street and Osceola Avenue in Inverness.
- Numbers will be handed out during check-in the day of the parade. These need to be placed on the passenger's side of the entry for judges to read. Please do not stop in front of the judging area. This causes the entire parade to back-up.
- Floats will only be viewed on the passenger side of an entry. There will be no view by the north bound lane, only the south bound. All entries must be decorated and should be appropriate with the entry theme. Please ensure that decorations are well attached.
- To avoid any confusion,there must not be any entries containing a Santa Claus. Because there is only one Santa, we can only have one Santa in the parade. Unfortunately, if you do not comply with this rule, your Santa will have to leave, or your float will not be allowed into the parade. No returns on entry fee in this case.
- Entrants are asked to stay approximately 20 feet from the entrant before them. This helps to ensure the safety of each entrant.
- All entries are encouraged to use appropriate music and creativity to add to the festive atmosphere of the parade. Please be considerate when setting the volume control while out on the parade route and in the staging area.
- Entries such as car clubs, tractors, 4-wheelers, etc. WILL BE LIMITED TO 20 VEHICLES AND MUST GO DOWN THE PARADE ROUTE IN SETS OF TWO. Entries will not be allowed to go down the route one at a time. Vehicles are not permitted to do any stunts, this includes burn outs, "donuts", etc.. All vehicular entries must keep wheels on the ground at all times or will not be permitted to return in 2020.
- Candy may be handed to the audience by walkers—not thrown. This is a major safety concern. ANY PARADE ENTRANT FOUND TO BE THROWING CANDY WILL BE UNABLE TO RETURN IN 2020. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- All animal entries shall have a clean-up crew. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- All entries featuring children must have adult chaperones. Children who are passing out candy must be accompanied by an adult. This is to ensure that they are not injured while returning to their floats to obtain more candy. Children under the age of 10 are suggested to remain on floats, as there will be nowhere to stop to place the children back on the float if they get tired.
No passing out of brochures, pamphlets, maps, flyers, advertising, business cards, booklets or advertising of any kind during the parade. You will be asked to stop, asked to leave, and will not be able to return in 2020 if you do not comply. It creates a trash issue after the parade, and we are an ecotourism centered county. Please respect the environment and City property.
Awards will be presented at the Christmas Parades Award Mixer hosted by John Eden Law Firm/Fidelity Title Services in Inverness on December 19, 2019, 5-7 p.m.
Award Categories: Best Commercial Entry, Best Non-Commercial Entry, Best Religious Entry, Best Marching Unit, and the Judges Choice Award.